13 / 680 Jesmond Road, Fig Tree Pocket
Inspection by Appointment Only
AUSTRALIAN HOME OF THE YEAR - 180 DEGREE RIVER VIEWS
This prestige residence designed with inimitable architectural vision and showcasing engineering expertise, harmonises perfectly with Fig Tree Pocket’s natural beauty, native verdant landscape, and the serenity of its coveted river precinct.
The elevated flood-free 882m2 riverfront offering, framed by mature river gums with abundant birdlife is one of Fig Tree Pocket’s finest, directly opposite the greenery of the Sherwood Arboretum parklands, embracing rare uninterrupted panoramic views of an entire length of the Fig Tree Pocket river reach.
Water is the central theme of this exquisitely appointed residence; a relaxed sense of serenity envelops you on arrival and then beyond its private gated entry and landscaped, Japanese-themed garden. A seamless integration of internal water features and outdoor swimming pools creates a calming continuity, with serene dappled water reflections throughout multiple living areas.
Within the lower level, you will immediately be enamoured with a stunning central atrium entry and foyer area, with soaring ceilings and 9m floor-to-ceiling glass walls. Beyond, you will be treated with an entire level of luxurious living, including:
• A spacious, gourmet open-plan HIA ‘Kitchen of the Year’, which features huge central white thassos marble island, Caesar-stone on the benchtops, and stainless-steel Miele appliances
• A formal dining room overlooking the heated saltwater pool, accommodating up to 16 guests
• Large cinema or media room
• Dedicated office
• Spacious cloakroom
• 1500-plus bottle temperature-controlled wine cellar
A wing of casual living and dining opens out through triple stacked recessed glass doors to the spectacular backdrop of expansive views along the reach of the river. This area creates effortless indoor/outdoor entertaining for family and friends with generous space for larger functions. Features include a built-in BBQ, and a fully fitted executive bar (fridge, wine fridge, and dishwasher) with serving window/bar that opens directly to the entertaining deck.
Ascending a grand polished Kwilla hardwood staircase, above a water feature no less, you are led to the upper gallery level. Here you will find a series of four deluxe bedrooms and four bathrooms – three ensuite and one generous family bathroom with bath.
This spectacular space presents:
• An extravagant master suite of grand proportions, with breathtaking wide river views. Expanding across the entire width of the residence, the parents’ retreat features luxury fittings, including a marble floored ensuite (featured in Home Beautiful’s ‘Bathrooms’ edition), large double vanity; two-person shower; feature bath and a very generous, well-appointed his and hers walk-in wardrobe
• Riverside rooms capture magical river views, the romance of yachts moored at the Carrington Boat Club and the reach of the river, leading the eye as it reflects ever-changing sky colours
• A bespoke, fully fitted library with two desks and shelving for 40,000 books
• A walk-in linen room with ample shelved storage space
Further high-quality details befitting this superior residence include:
• Feature stone fireplace
• Crystal art deco chandelier (including electric hoist), solid timber doors throughout
• Wall recesses, large areas of wall and custom glass cabinetry for artworks and sculptures
• Perfect for a couple working from home, with an office near the front door for clients, and the peaceful library upstairs with two desks
• Surround-sound in principal rooms, and remote-controlled blinds
• Zoned ducted air-conditioning and ceiling fans
• Beautifully landscaped terracing and easy-care gardens with automated irrigation system
• Underground water storage tanks of 30,000 litres with pumps for irrigation
• Secure triple garaging with workshop and storage space, plus additional secure off-street parking
• 5.2 MW solar heating contributing to sustainable living
Privately positioned on the highest allotment in an exclusive estate, this location is minutes to Fig Tree Pocket’s coveted educational offerings including Brisbane Montessori; Gan Gani Community Kindergarten, and Fig Tree Pocket State School; plus secondary schools including Ambrose Treacy College and St. Peter’s Lutheran College. Surrounded by beautiful parks; riverside walks; playgrounds; boat ramp; equestrian fields; and being minutes to the city via Legacy Way, this residence gifts a true sanctuary retreat from suburban and city life.
Built to the highest standard by TAK Acquisitions to win House of the Year (2006), the cutting-edge, timeless modern design of this immaculate residence delivers the wow factor, sophistication, and a treasured tranquil lifestyle